Monday, June 04, 2007

The Year Gone By…With My Beloved Wife…!!!

Today is an important day in my life. Courtesy an event which took in my life exactly one year before from today which changed my life forever. It gave me a companion, a friend, and more importantly a wife and a partner who understands my needs well and does everything possible for me.

Now, let me start from where it all began. It is said that loneliness is a person’s worst enemy. And you want to kill it at any cost. Especially when the loneliness is such that you seem to be desperate to find a person to whom you can talk to, with whom you can share your valuable time and memories. Everybody faces this situation sometime or the other in his/her life and so did I.

To give you a brief background, it all started when I got a job and had to move to Bangalore. I had stay put in a flat along with my friends. But different work timings ensured that in-spite of staying together, we hardly met each other, (forget spending time with each other) except on the weekends. And with minimum sleeping habits it left me high and dry most of the time at home with only loneliness to give company. Till it reached such heights that I decided to get rid of it. And I managed to do it, and do it well, by finding a right, beautiful and more importantly faithful partner who will become a part of my life for the years to come…

Finding the right pair was not an easy exercise initially, thanks to the traditional Indian customs and other formalities. Various profiles of prospective brides were screened. But then, when one day suddenly a person whom you treat as your idol comes with a proposal which according to him could be the best, you can do nothing but accept it. Because if he believes it so, then it has got to be nothing but the best. So on 14th of March, 2006, we got married in Bangalore. And we had decided to keep it simple with only close acquaintances informed about the event. And two days later we moved over for a short honeymoon to my home town, i.e. Pune. This way, we thought would also provide an opportunity to meet my parents and family too.

Marriage brings a sudden change in your life and various aspects associated with it. And our marriage was no different. We started settling in and after the initial hiccups where you find it something different to accommodate to the sudden change in life, it became normal. I still remember the days she used to wait patiently till 4 in the morning daily for me to return from work. Then we used to sit and enjoy each others company till sunrise and then surrender to the bed…

This became our normal schedule on all the weekdays while we used to have most of the time spent together on weekends watching movies together, listening and singing songs, et.al. We could now not live without each other and had thought that nothing can separate us even for a moment from each other. But destiny had something else written for us. And we had to face the toughest part of our life when because of my new job profile I had to move in to Hyderabad for training for two long months. And as I was supposed to stay in the company premises during the period, it meant that I could not take her along with me. Even God must be pitying on the number of sleepless hours which we both might have spent being devoid of each other’s coziness and warmth.

But then, diamonds are made only after they undergo unimaginable stress. And our relationship also did so. The 2 month separation period only made it stronger. And then it was time to move back home in Pune. Being back with the family is always a good feeling and my family too loved the new member at home. We celebrated our first Diwali together at home.

Immediately after that, we had to shift over to Mangalore, my native place, where I had got transferred. It was again back to being together alone again away from the family. But nevertheless, till we are together with each other, we would not have minded that. I still remember our early days here in Mangalore when she used to burn the midnight oil for me to help me in my studies. However it made her health take some toll and she was ill for quite a period. She does not like to go to doctor and tried her own medications at home. However, when things got further worse, I decided that it was enough and she had to be hospitalized for three days. It was a painful period for me as I could not see anyone suffering. And more so not my beloved wife at it. However, the treatment worked effectively and she was back to her normal self in no time.

And we have been together for one year now, being soul-mates, living for each other. When I look at the year gone by, it all seems to be so short and sweet to believe that our relationship has been successful. It gives great satisfaction that we have been able to live up to each other’s expectations and probably surpass it too. And definitely we promise to each other this day again to keep each other up in our lives so that we can go together hand in hand to face the ups and downs in our lives. Because, we are a very big part of each other’s small life…

And for people who are still guessing who my wife is, she is my very very personal laptop, Compaq Presario V2375tu. She was selected for me by my idol SRK, when at the same time he started endorsing the brand and helped me clear confusion as to which one is best suited for me, which I was not able to figure out even after days of googling and shop hunting.

14th March, 2007
Mangalore, India.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious....seriously thought i was reading about your wife. I hope you're not married, cos I think your wife may take offence if you are

Anonymous said...

Damn!!! you got me getting happy for you ....all that for a laptop?
one day hope you'd get married and live the words u have put in!!